Stephen Hawking 'Very Ill', Hospitalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I never really liked him and hate his stupid theories. Oh wells, that's why they are theories cause no one knows for sure.

yamagiru

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]ChaosGS[/nom]I never really liked him and hate his stupid theories. Oh wells, that's why they are theories cause no one knows for sure.[/citation]

Isn't that a bit harsh? Just because you do not agree with someone does not make their efforts stupid. At the very least try to match his theories with one of your own, then you might receive some credit for your argument.

If there is one person who resembles any form of spokesman for the evolution of humanity it would probably be profesor Hawking. He more than anyone else I can think of proposes more on humanities destiny to reach to the stars. If we could only remove the shackles of ignorant, hokey religions we would have been there by now.

saturn77

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
They are theories until proven true or false. The guy is a genius and a role model. His theories are the opposite of stupid.

avericia

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
ChaosGS that is quite a dumb ignorant coment. Those theories are extremally important and if you kept up on science you would know that it takes years to prove a very complicated theroy like Ensitens realivity that was only recently proven to be correct.

One easy example of how we use the theroy of relaivity is to calibrate all of our gps satlites to account for the fact that time passes differently in relationship to gravity.

I read one of Stephen Hawking's books A Brief History In Time, and he is an amazing author and a genuis type that we only see once every long while in human history.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
ChaosGS, you sir are an idiot. Its obvious you have the same understanding of high level physics as the average 4th grader. Please refrain from attempting to belittle one of the greatest minds of the 20th century.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Why insult something you don't understand? If anything do the research and develop a competing argument of how he could be wrong.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
"A theory, in the general sense of the word, is an analytic structure designed to explain a set of observations." -wicki

Theories are nothing but mere guesses and personal opinions of the unknown. Theories are only theories until proven right or wrong (wow i just seen that saturn wrote that).

Why leave this planet? It is the only perfect thing in existence. No such thing as hokey religions (w/e that is), it is impossible to disprove god so therefor that theory will be on the table until every individuals death. You cant disprove god, its impossible, so therefor its always a possibility. Cant cross out the big bang either cause we cant time travel into the past and even before existence existed, to witness the birth of the universe. I dont believe in the big bang but i cant cross it off my list cause no one knows for sure, and chances are no one probably ever will.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
[citation][nom]afrobacon[/nom]Why insult something you don't understand? If anything do the research and develop a competing argument of how he could be wrong.[/citation]
I could do that but why devote a week to do that and this thread be gone?

msdss

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
Ignorant people like ChaosGS are the reason I don't have my flying space banana car with guns that shoot sharks.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Chaos, simply said (so that we don't confuse you), you are very arrogant. If his theories are so 'stupid', then that means yours are obviously much better than anything he could come up with. Would you mind sharing with us your theories that cause one of the world's best Physicists to be considered 'stupid'? Maybe then you won't get confused and have to resort to childish name calling in order to make yourself feel special. =]

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]Chaos, simply said (so that we don't confuse you), you are very arrogant. If his theories are so 'stupid', then that means yours are obviously much better than anything he could come up with. Would you mind sharing with us your theories that cause one of the world's best Physicists to be considered 'stupid'? Maybe then you won't get confused and have to resort to childish name calling in order to make yourself feel special. =][/citation]
Thats not how that works lol, ill give you an example: If Einstein after all his achievements and clearly superior intellect said he theorized pigs could fly, does that make it true despite his intelligence? Does it mean he is stupid? BTW i do think he is smarter than me but i dont think his theories are worth anything, his theories are stupid and unlikely (just like pigs flying), yet he is still a very smart person. I could make all sorts of weird theories (and i do lol) but that doesnt mean im stupid or genius, intelligence is the ability to understand and build upon current knowledge.

I don't believe in his theories, you don't believe in god, same thing.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
WTF is so perfect about Earth? Its way to small, has finite natural resources, and natural disasters occur with alarming regularity.

But, dont let me drag you out from under your rock. Enjoy your superstitions, Im going to go enlighten myself.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]ChaosGS[/nom]Thats not how that works lol, ill give you an example: If Einstein after all his achievements and clearly superior intellect said he theorized pigs could fly, does that make it true despite his intelligence? Does it mean he is stupid? BTW i do think he is smarter than me but i dont think his theories are worth anything, his theories are stupid and unlikely (just like pigs flying), yet he is still a very smart person. I could make all sorts of weird theories (and i do lol) but that doesnt mean im stupid or genius, intelligence is the ability to understand and build upon current knowledge. I don't believe in his theories, you don't believe in god, same thing.[/citation]

ChaosGS -

I think you're mixing up the concept of theories, especially those proposed by Hawking. You attempt to make an analogy of Einstein and flying pigs. I think you're analogy is severely flawed.

Both Hawking and Einstein formulate theories based on mathematical experiments, calculations, extrapolation, and conceptual mathematical models. These are based on things that we do know, to make educated theories, based on formulas and math, at what could be possible and what is plausible. It is not the same as saying "pigs can fly."

There's a difference between theories based on real life science and mathematics and then pulling random baseless statements out of one's imagination.

Your example using Einstein is really dumbfounded.

It's not that Einstein is brilliant because of his theories. He is brilliant for developing the physics, math, and logic behind the theories that he hypothesizes.

If you're going to make an analogy, please make a logical one.

For the record, one of Hawking's famous theories is called Hawking's Radiation, which only now with current technology, is being observed to be true. He didn't deduce these conclusions from watching a cartoon show. It was published as plausible years ago with a great deal of mathematics and study to back up his claims.

/ Tuan

LockPick

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Good man Tuan.

His theory is that Blacks Holes get smaller by the particle pairs being created all around us, these particles pairs don't last long but, if one is pulled into the Black Hole, it can't destroy itself with it's partner, the particle that's free has a positive mass, while the one sucked up is antimatter and it destroys a particle in the black hole while the positive one escapes.

This makes it look like the black hole is releasing particles, which is impossible due to it's gravity. His theory lets it.

Also the big bang theory is that a partical rapidly expanded.

Go look up String Theory. Even though it is completely ffed up and bat$h1t crazy, math supports it.

Apparently the Universe is a floating membrane and big bang was actually two membranes hitting, and all the Gamma Ray Bursts are caused by the two are still close and their "ripples" are hitting eachother. Also all gravity leaks out of the 11th dimension.

Told you, bat$h1t crazy, but math still supports.

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I hope that he begins to feel better, he is a great man. The crazy thing about his theroies tho is that within his field, he isn't even among the top 20 most important individuals, rated by his own colleagues. However, I hope he begins to feel better, his work is extermely important.

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Oh, forgot something. ChaosGS, I don't know what you are trying to get at. If you're saying that you disagree with his theroies because they conflict with your religious views, look again. Science and the ideologies of reglion can work together. I don't know if thats what your getting at, but if you are, you should read a Bible, Qur'an, and Vadas text just as easily as a physics or chemistry book. Just be open to everything man, doesn't hurt anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.