Steps for troubleshooting what might be wrong?

Eziomandude

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
I have a Toshiba 50L5200U. I got hit with a power surge and it hit the TV. I called up a few shops and they said replace the power supply board. I did so. I still get no power to the TV. Could it be a bad main board?

Solution
Well that the problem... Like I said depending on the power surge it could be all from just one small thing that would take 15 min to fix to the point there is no use and it would be more expencive to fix and it would just be better to go and buy a new TV.

What you could do ofc is to take the rear panel off if you want and have a really close look at everything back there, so if anything is blown, leaking, or cracked.

Eziomandude

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015

Is there a way to test it? I don't wanna spend the money and have it not be worth it.

lumineZ

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
Sure, but since you are asking I would not recommend you do it. You need someone who knows his stuff when it comes to internal components + have a voltage meter tool.

It can be something like a only 1 small blows capacitor or something.

lumineZ

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
Well that the problem... Like I said depending on the power surge it could be all from just one small thing that would take 15 min to fix to the point there is no use and it would be more expencive to fix and it would just be better to go and buy a new TV.

What you could do ofc is to take the rear panel off if you want and have a really close look at everything back there, so if anything is blown, leaking, or cracked.

Solution