Stereo Receiver Blu-tooth

Chad_49

Prominent
May 29, 2017
I have a Yamaha Receiver, and a Blu-tooth sub that went with my older Samsung sound bar. Can I utilize the sub with my Yamaha Receiver?

Solution
You can try connecting a bluetooth transmitter to the line level subwoofer output of the receiver. Hopefully the woofer will pair with any BT device and not just the soundbar it came with.
There is also no guarantee it can match the levels of the other speakers in your surround system or there will not be any delay due to the BT.
You can try connecting a bluetooth transmitter to the line level subwoofer output of the receiver. Hopefully the woofer will pair with any BT device and not just the soundbar it came with.
There is also no guarantee it can match the levels of the other speakers in your surround system or there will not be any delay due to the BT.

Solution

Chad_49

Prominent
May 29, 2017
americanaudiophile the model number for the Samsung sound bar is HW-F450. The Yamaha stereo receiver is the Yamaha RX-V681BL. The sub connects wirelessly to the sound bar. I appreciate any assistance!

This subwoofer is designed specifically for wireless connection with that Samsung sounbar, using proprietary protocol. Unless you hack it to make it wired, you cannot connect it directly to your Yamaha.

You can, however, connect the whole soundbar to the receiver' Zone2 output.