Steve Jobs Sends Chilean Miners Free iPods

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@f-14

it's called free publicity for apple, they dont miss a beat do they....

G

I am betting that Steve Jobs gave them the $50 ipod Shuffle. Anyway, free is free.

G

What about getting stuck in a mine makes someone a hero. Word is thrown around too much these days.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]What about getting stuck in a mine makes someone a hero. Word is thrown around too much these days.[/citation]

Because miners are the unsung heroes of modern consumerism without which you would be mailing your comments by postmail. They are underpaid, rights goes unprotected, and they put their lives in significant danger.

If steve jobs only helped shovel just 1 ounce of dirt he would deserve my respect than handing out an ipod to everyone in chile.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]St. Jane? I thought you had to be dead before being canonized Sheesh, I'm jewish and I'm better at catholicism than you! xD[/citation]

Tis but a minor detail.

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]Because miners are the unsung heroes of modern consumerism without which you would be mailing your comments by postmail. They are underpaid, rights goes unprotected, and they put their lives in significant danger. If steve jobs only helped shovel just 1 ounce of dirt he would deserve my respect than handing out an ipod to everyone in chile.[/citation]

Lol? Yeah ok. I agree with stm1185. Anytime someone is in danger like these guys were and they make it out alive, they're instantly heroes. Give me a break. Like they're the only ones with a difficult and dangerous job. I was watching the news the other day and wondering what they did that constitutes them to be heroes. If any thing, it's the members of NASA that should be called heroes for designing the capsule to get them out.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]Because miners are the unsung heroes of modern consumerism without which you would be mailing your comments by postmail. They are underpaid, rights goes unprotected, and they put their lives in significant danger. If steve jobs only helped shovel just 1 ounce of dirt he would deserve my respect than handing out an ipod to everyone in chile.[/citation]
If Steve Jobs put in an honest days work I still wouldn't have respect for him. Simply because I don't mind him doing little work and getting bad a good wage (although his is more of a ridiculous; but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't mind being in his shoes as far as that goes); but he is just a jerk and that is why I have lost all of my respect for him.

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]chrisjust98[/nom]Lol? Yeah ok. I agree with stm1185. Anytime someone is in danger like these guys were and they make it out alive, they're instantly heroes. Give me a break. Like they're the only ones with a difficult and dangerous job. I was watching the news the other day and wondering what they did that constitutes them to be heroes. If any thing, it's the members of NASA that should be called heroes for designing the capsule to get them out.[/citation]

I have to agree. The people responsible for saving those miners are the real heroes. No doubt the miners have tough jobs but they are in fact jobs. Heroes step up & do something that isn't necessarily their job to save the life or lives of others & quite often anymore do not receive the credit they deserve. I'm glad all the miners are safe & back with their families though, that is excellent.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I really fail to understand the logic behind all this, I know that the ore from these mines must be used by quite a few multinational companies who are milking Chile of it's natural resources.
But they really ought to try and use that money for better saner purposes.... like feed the hungry or then freaking build houses or hostels for the homeless in America itself...
But I guess that may not be as profitable to them (The MNC's) or look too good for a peoples government in whom they trust such a lot right?

Status
Not open for further replies.