Steve Jobs: "There Are No Reception Issues."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
That's old news, but still...

Jobs has spoken. The Supreme Lord of the Universe has given his opinion. Peace and calm have returned to the Galaxy as Apple fans went home to admire the device that sprouted out of the mind of the Creator. Every Mac and iPad is being powered up as we speak so the fans can spread the good news.

cozalp

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Reminds me of jedi mind trick.

+Hey! This thing loses signal...
-There Are No Reception Issues!
+There Are No Reception Issues.

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
this jus came in:
iHand - The best accessory for holding the mighty-steve-built-and-awesome-blabla iPhone 4
I'm gonna get sued for this

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
I hope Apple never makes medical products... "Your iHeart is working fine Mr. Smith but maybe you could improve circulation by wearing these rubber underwear... only $3,995.00."

I'm no fan of Apple products and I think maybe it's because Apple fans are so hardcore that they turn me off. A co-worker actually attempted to convince me that there was no problem with reception and that it was a feature... WTF?

timbozero

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
If Apple release a software fix for a clearly hardware issue (increased capacitance of antenna and/or shorting of 2 differing wavelength antennas together) then the net result will be poorer reception overall. i.e. not a fix but a workaround that will be forced on all who update.

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Heh, yeah it's a feature all right. Apples feature to squeeze more $ out of it's sheeple when he releases the iPhone 4.1 that 'resolves' the antenna issues. When will these sheeple wake up. He is milking the iphone for all it's worth and then some. These issues should have been resolved.

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
This needs to be independently investigated, I think. Hopefully the software fix isn't just to show more bars.

That being said, I'm still very interested in an iphone, but I'm waiting to see how this plays out.

dargon_supreme

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
That is all you will get from Jobs and Apple. The issue does not exist until they find out a way to fix it, and the 'fix' will be a 'must have' beautiful accessory that will boost the reception. I don´t think they will try to hide that issue trough a software update just because it is easy to discover.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
I think the point Steve Jobs is trying to make is that the issue with the Iphone is not with the reception - it's that when it's held (in what, lets face it, is a particularly weird position) - the software is tricked into believing there is less signal than there is.

This is why it's a software issue, rather than a hardware issue. Once the software believes there is no signal left, it will probably be the reason the calls are being cut - not the fact that the signal has actually been lost.

He will inevitably release a software fix over the next few days and reiterate that the issue is not with reception, but with the software.

For the record, I am not an Apple fanboy ,I have none of their products, but I'm thinking of getting the new Iphone. I'm fairly confident that I wont be so dumb to hold it in the exact position and orientation required to make the signal drop out - and I think the fact that people are jumping on that one flaw so obsessively is a bit pathetic, tbh.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
'A co-worker actually attempted to convince me that there was no problem with reception and that it was a feature... WTF?'

I think he's correct on both counts. Firstly, the issue is not with the reception, but with the software believing that the reception is worse than it is.

Secondly, the fact that the antenna is actually part of the exterior of the phone (ie the band running around it), which causes this problem, IS arguably a feature. Not only is it unique, and excellent engineering (assuming they fix the issue mentioned above) - it also allows for a stronger signal in general, which boosts overall phone speed, clarity and call quality.

When compared to the iphone 3GS, in the same place, the Iphone 4 is significantly faster in terms of connectivity, as a result of the new antenna.

suoeno

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Yo Steve you might wanna start with your own backyard forum thread 1st:-
http://bit.ly/9QMXqJ

Yeah as in that "Apple Discussions" one.Start telling them that "There Are No Reception Issues."

Right....

Status
Not open for further replies.