Steve Jobs Was on a Mission to Destroy Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I would like to know what he considered his. I dont know if he was the first to have the menu of small icons on a screen. To be honest, he probably borrowed it from someone else then claimed it to be his (just like he did with xerox os and mcintosh os).

G

"I want you to stop using Palm's ideas in Android, that's all I want," Jobs told Schmidt.

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
"I want you to stop using our ideas in Android, that's all I want."

Seems Steve Jobs perception was that everyone copies him. Even when apple obviously was copying so many others.

G

"I want you to stop using Palm's ideas in Android, that's all I want," Jobs told Schmidt.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Jobs' fail is World's gain.
Really, how can a closed OS destroy an open one? It's like claiming this or that government silenced the masses for good; it never worked out for too long.
Looks like Apple is trying to silence it's competitors with these frivolous suits nowadays, but people will still continue to buy the better products. And now, with the openness of the whole world, it's not like someone can not buy a product from a different country, if he/she desires it.
I hope Apple will spend all it's money on lawyers and goes broke, because they are the modern era plague.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
So.. when apple tries to destroy others, it fails and does that to themselves... GOOD !

I dont care how much a guy like him might be respected, if you are trying to destroy others, it ususally backfires, one way or another. (happend to me with my ex, so i got first hand knowledge about this shit).

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
another "facebook creation" situation where someone came out with the product officially before the other person did, so now Jobs called Google out because they patented it first. Look Apple, this goes for everbody, not just you..if you want to make an idea innovative, you have to patent it before your competition does, otherwise you lose and its as simple as that. If we made it any more complicated, it'd be like letting you win a 100-meter dash because other people say you're faster even though you still got beat by the other sprinter.

Status
Not open for further replies.