Steve Jobs, What Happened To You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Steve Jobs made a rare appearance during the company's FQ4 earnings conference call. His Jobsness said that he could not help dropping by because of Apple's first $20 billion quarter. But there was something else. Steve was pissed. Really pissed.

Steve Jobs, What Happened To You? : Read more

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
Jobs is truly an asshole, as many of his co-workers would say (behind his back.) He obviously has emotional problems and should get over himself and help others like Bill Gates. His ego would melt and perhaps he won't go to hell.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]smeker[/nom]I guess "User69" read my mind and started the troll fest =)Bring out the popcorn![/citation]
[citation][nom]smeker[/nom]I guess "User69" read my mind and started the troll fest =)Bring out the popcorn![/citation]
hes holding the keyboard wrong

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]what happens to all the apple kool aid drinkers when they realize their ipad, ipod, and iphone is the exact same product??[/citation]
They fed them to the android trolls

doped

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
the more I read about steve jobs, all he really ever was/is obsessed with, was to be on top of his competitors, and if he's not, he, as this article states, takes it personally. I believe that it's something along those lines that made him get fired from apple back in the late 1990's. He's not just playing the game on a business level. He's doing it for himself, and I truly believe it's a personal game for him. Take a look at _Pirates of Silicon valley_. also a great movie. Most of it is to be true, and you'll get a better understanding of this man. He's playing another game, within the game.

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
I think that Apple is genuinely concerned about Google and it's Android operating system. This has happened to Apple before. Apple has a great product in the Mac, but it competes against every other computer in the world. Android is on many different phones, and no-one is comparing the DROID to iPhone, or the EVO to iPhone, they pool their collective sales under the Android brand. While the comparison is valid on one level, it is a bit unfair on another.

I think that when the iPhone is launched on Verizon's network next year, it will throw a concussion grenade into the Android camp. Android phone manufacturers will find their sales fall to dangerously low levels, as there will be too many Android products on the market. Some will give up on the Android platform to focus on Windows Mobile. Google and Microsoft will split the remaining non-Apple market and neither will do well. Steve Jobs may have the last laugh after all.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]TEAMSWITCHER[/nom]I think that when the iPhone is launched on Verizon's network next year, it will throw a concussion grenade into the Android camp.[/citation]
You mean IF it is launched on Verizon's network. It hasn't even been officially announced.

Well I won't go and say that Jobs is an complete idiot, because obviously he is leading his company to huge success. BUT, it seems to me that Apple giant balloon of success will pop eventually, and it will be interesting when it does.

One giant problem I do have with Apple is their business practices towards other software/hardware companies. But since I don't like their practices, I'll simply not buy their products. Why the entire world seems to feel the need to flame at Jobs and Apple is beyond me. If you don't like it, don't support it. Simple.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I just don't care about Apple products. Couldn't care less about Jobs. Seems to me a perfect waste of time. I won't buy a product that works in a closed environment, period. Therefore, Jobs is NOT getting any of my money.
Just my approach...

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
We are hearing this from the company that has mastered the art of deception in advertising and marketing (hold back your angry comments just yet)
Are they different from anyone else? Let's see, like the Intel bunny-suit & blue-man group promoting the P4, which was constantly a slower and more expensive CPU over AMD? The MS ADs about Vista changing the world, etc...

What about all those PC vs. Mac ads, which were funny, but occasionally just as false as hilarious. Or what about that iPhone 3G ad that claimed the iPhone was twice as fast for half the price (it was not really twice as fast and just as expensive, if you count the necessary cost of the 2-year contract.)
In general, the I'm a Mac Ads were funny and exaggerations, a parody. Who cares. But vista did suck, still sucks and will always suck due to its memory issues and low-value. The issues in the ads WERE experienced by Vista/Windows users - but they included DOS days too. Sure Apple didn't paint themselves in a negative light at all. There are Youtube parody videos for that.

Er... yes, the later iPhones became cheaper. Remember the first iPhone? $800 *WITH* an at&t contract! Reducing the price to $400~200 is "half the price" and the performance is compared to iPhone1 or specific phones? I dunno - but that is easily more BS. I got my Android phone for $150, by extending another 2yr contract... whoopie. That Android phone costs $600 unlocked and I replaced my unlocked regular phone that I paid $250 less than 2 years before.

Yeah, unlocked Samsung, LG, SONY, RIM and other SMART PHONES costs $400~800... nothing abnormal there.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Okay, so it's a biased and emotional article. Maybe it should have been on a blog.

Does that mean that anything he's saying is untrue? Not particularly.

It was interesting, Wolfgang. It's a little less than professional, but props for telling it how it is.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]You mean IF it is launched on Verizon's network. It hasn't even been officially announced.Well I won't go and say that Jobs is an complete idiot, because obviously he is leading his company to huge success. BUT, it seems to me that Apple giant balloon of success will pop eventually, and it will be interesting when it does. One giant problem I do have with Apple is their business practices towards other software/hardware companies. But since I don't like their practices, I'll simply not buy their products. Why the entire world seems to feel the need to flame at Jobs and Apple is beyond me. If you don't like it, don't support it. Simple.[/citation]

I don't see that as being very likely at all. For one, WP7 is launching, and Verizon will be getting that next year and android 3.0 should be launching this holiday season. That's not a rumor like them getting the iphone. As far as we know, the exclusivity agreement is til 2012. Last I checked, next year was not 2012. Also, if Verizon customers we so anxios to get an iphone, they would have already jumped ship and got one. And some people did. You also have to look at who is buying iphones... Think about it. Most people that want an iphone have one. Those that are buying new ones are most liekly people who have previous gen iphones that are 2+ years old. Android is gaining major traction and a majority of it's buyers are people that have never had a smart phone, or got sick of their iphone. Apple may sell 300,000 devices one day, but if 250,000 of those buyers already have iphones how much market share have they really gained? Compare that to the 200,000 NEW android users, and Google is KILLING them. Also with the launch of WP7 comming to att and tmo this year, and verizon/sprint next year, they will have another very serious contender to fight with.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
PS: I'm a Windows7 / ThinkPad / Android user... I will most likely buy an iPod for a family member because its perhaps the easiest way for her to access the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.