Still have a "plugged in, not charging" after buying new battery and power adapter

amgeb182

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015
So I have had my computer for almost 6 years. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545. Lately I have been having problems with it. I kept getting the "Plugged in, not charging" and also it said I needed to replace my battery.

So I replaced the battery, but I couldn't get my computer to charge the battery, so it kept dying. I knew I needed a new battery since I had to keep it always plugged in so it wouldn't die.

So then I decided to buy a new power adapter. Now it will charge for a few minutes after I start the computer, but it will then stop and go back to "plugged in, not charging." Which its better than last time, because I couldn't get it to charge at all. I'm thinking it might be the DC jack? I don't know. Anybody else have a guess before I spend more money.

I've also tried going to the device manager and uninstalling the battery, that didn't work. I tried updating the BIOS. That didn't work either. I've tried unplugging my charger for awhile and plugging it back in. Nothing. It only starts charging once I turn on my computer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 2
ruslruslrusl1 Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 0
alexdharriss Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1