Android tablet still won't connect to modem... I know what isn't the problem.... it's not the wrong password, it's not a compatibility issue, it's not the device itself.... It has to be something in a setting that's the problem. It's been fine for several months. It just dropped the connection and won't Authenticate when attempting to connect. Even when I use the WPS. It says "WPS successful, connecting to the network." Then the authentication issue starts up again.
Question, did you do any updates to the phone, or any apps on the phone, just before this problem occurred? I ask because that would be what I would suggest you check. To see what occurs if you remove those updates/new apps.
Also, you can try the following ....
1. Manually turn off the Wi-Fi AND mobile data on your device.
2. Next turn ON the airplane mode.
3. While airplane mode is still active, turn the Wi-Fi back on.
4. Now try to connect to the network again.
5. Once the Wi-Fi is connected (if it connects) then you can turn airplane mode off.
Make sure you remember to turn off the airplane mode.