Solved! Stock Meter Gadget

Solution
Yes - I did indeed respond thinking "Currency Meter". My error and apologies.

However, the same approach is applicable independent of the data being captured, processed, and displayed.

Only the source link and associated calculations would be different. Excluding cosmetics: colors, labels, etc..

The Currency Link via Tom's Guide is an example to work from - a template if you will.

Likewise you can use the following link:

https://developers.google.com/sites/gadgets/site_gadgets

Again work each step.

E.g.:

Link to the target site and data source.

Pull in the data.

Display data as is.

Do the computations.

Display the results of the computations.

Give it all another try and then post the results. Key is your being able to...
Any error messages?

What exactly is going wrong?

Leave your current display/spreadsheet alone and start over on another blank spreadsheet.

Try working on each step one at a time. Do not proceed until you have that step working.

Pick one currency to focus on. Once that is working then you will have a template to use for other currencies.

The key, however, is to identify the problem itself. Where along the process does the process breakdown....?

Yes - I did indeed respond thinking "Currency Meter". My error and apologies.

However, the same approach is applicable independent of the data being captured, processed, and displayed.

Only the source link and associated calculations would be different. Excluding cosmetics: colors, labels, etc..

The Currency Link via Tom's Guide is an example to work from - a template if you will.

Likewise you can use the following link:

https://developers.google.com/sites/gadgets/site_gadgets

Again work each step.

E.g.:

Link to the target site and data source.

Pull in the data.

Display data as is.

Do the computations.

Display the results of the computations.

Give it all another try and then post the results. Key is your being able to provide information about where the process is breaking down with respect to your gadget.

Post the code you use.

Solution