How To Stop Asus laptop csreen flickering

Feb 21, 2021
Some time ago, it started to happen. When I turn on laptop (Asus ROG NV-552), my screen stat to flicker. I tried everything I could imagine.

At first, I thought that it is hardware, I checked screen cable – but it was OK.

Next thing was to check processor cooling, I cleaned cooler and changed thermal paste grease - nothing changed.

Then I went to software – I uninstalled and erased all drivers, installed new ones, but it was successful only occasionally.

A week ago, I finally noticed one thing: When I turn on laptop – it is flickering, when my girl turns on laptop – it is not flickering!

Finally, I found the problem – I was turning on my laptop by brief press on the ON button, and she did that by pressing it longer, maybe even for half or full second.

So, if you have this problem, first try to press ON button for a little longer.

All this maybe sound silly, but It has sense – when you turn on something, it takes some time that all electronic components take normal voltage states. If you press to short, it is possible that some condenser is not fully charged, and some memory cells get wrong state.

I hope this will help at least to some of you. Good luck!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 0
Kholens Laptop Tech Support 3
O Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 5
P Laptop Tech Support 1
MaximusHERE Laptop Tech Support 0
weathergeek Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 0
Ruggero_A Laptop Tech Support 5