Question stopping the spam calls

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
is there a good app that will stop all the spam calls? i have tracfone and to stop mine i have blocked 3 of the area area codes. so i do not get many if any calls. i do not use my phone much in fact i have made maybe 10 calls on it in 10 years. so for me i made a family section and put in allowed callers, but the wife uses her phone way more and she get tons of robo and spam calls every day. it does not good to use that do not call registry as everytime i enter my land line the robocalls go up by the hundreds every week, they then drop off some. so on my land line i set the answering machine to take 4 rings that has slowed most down. but the wifes cell still gets them.

so i'm wondering if there is an app she can install that will filter them out and allow her to enter the numbers she needs to get thru to her. most of the calls she would answer anyway have their names shown so she knows who is calling but the spam and robo calls use numbers now that look like local numbers and she pick up and bam another spam.

thanks. bp.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok i will look into these. the metro pcs phone does not seem to have this spam /robocall feature, or i have yet to find them. if anyone happens to know if those features are available then pass that on
thanks bp

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
thanks but i have tracfone service and that did not work for me, but i will try it on the wifes metropcs phone and see if it works thanks much.

or can i just do the app? i have the app and it will not work with tracfone service.

thanks

How do I block a scam call on Metro?
There are a number of ways to turn on Scam Block:

• Download the free Scam Shield app and toggle on Scam Block
  • Dial #662# from your Metro by T-Mobile device
  • Log in to your account, then select My Account>Add Services>Protection>Scam Block
  • In the MyMetro App, select Shop>Add Services>Confirm your PIN>Scam Block>Modify Services
  • Dial 611 from your Metro device to speak to Care