Store 4GB Like James Bond

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHectorEric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Knowing how caps don't like stay on these small USB drives, there's a reason why lanyards are attached to the storage and not the cap. For this price I sure hope the caps have a solid lock that won't wear out otherwise a simple swing of your arm and there goes 2 GB of data. I could see these being more useful if they were cheaper.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]nahdogg[/nom]For that price shouldn't they be 16GB drives?[/citation]If it's real silver than why? It's a "fashio" thing, so it costs that much to say "I have it, you don't..". Just like buying Tiffany's rings instead of any other just because it says Tiffany's..

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]RicardoK[/nom]If it's real silver than why? It's a "fashio" thing, so it costs that much to say "I have it, you don't..". Just like buying Tiffany's rings instead of any other just because it says Tiffany's..[/citation]

Yeah because the cost of manufacture of a 4GB to a 16GB flash drive is THAT much higher. They could've made the damn thing 16GB and kept the same price tag. It's not like they are going to be high sellers either way.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]Yeah because the cost of manufacture of a 4GB to a 16GB flash drive is THAT much higher. They could've made the damn thing 16GB and kept the same price tag. It's not like they are going to be high sellers either way.[/citation]

Truth be told the buyers probably have no forking clue what a GB is... likely these will be bought by wifes/girlfriends of tech execs as gifts, to be used maybe once and then shelved.

Personally, if I had a pair, I would be guilty of singing the Bond "ba da dadaaaaaaa" jingle each time I used them, a sure fire way to annoy the sh*t out of my cube neighbors.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]Pretty cool, and I would love to buy them.....but for a more reasonable price (say 50 bucks)...[/citation]
Clever trick: put split up truecrypt archives on them, with the key for each archive on the opposite cufflink. That way you get all your storage, and are only fscked if you lose both at the same time!

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
If i had to wear my suit more, I would definitely have a pair. See it for what is, if you had to wear a suit with cuff links wouldn't you want something similar as opposed to just a piece of jewelry?

G

For $195, people buy it for looks and bragging rights, it could be 1GB or 32 GB, it won't affect the volume all that much because the potential buyers care little about the capacity between 2GB and 16Gb but more about the fact of having these on their sleeves. So same volume, lower cost wins, 2 GB it is.

michaelzehr

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Dreadfully sorry old chap, but this simply won't do. Neither Sir Roger nor myself would ever be seen giving a power point presentation with our sleeves flopping around in the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.