Straight Talk Questions

oomwoc

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Does anyone have any experience with Straight Talk in an AT&T dominated area? There are literally only AT&T towers in my area, so I'd like to know if Straight Talk will work in my situation. Can I expect the same coverage when on Straight Talk?

Also, I've read that a t-mobile phone is preferred since it can use more frequencies. After switching to Straight Talk, would an unlocked t-mobile phone work on the AT&T network?

If it matters, I'm going to be using a galaxy S4

Thanks!

Solution
You would be in luck then, Straight Talk uses AT&T towers along with Verizon and others and they allow you to bring over your current phone. Visit their website and it tells you how. You would have to purchase a sim card from them at around $15.00. On there site it shows which type of phones are compatible, But from what You've covered I see you having no problems.
Here's a link to the Straight Talk site.
http://www.straighttalksim.com/

Truckinupga

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
You would be in luck then, Straight Talk uses AT&T towers along with Verizon and others and they allow you to bring over your current phone. Visit their website and it tells you how. You would have to purchase a sim card from them at around $15.00. On there site it shows which type of phones are compatible, But from what You've covered I see you having no problems.
Here's a link to the Straight Talk site.
http://www.straighttalksim.com/

Solution

oomwoc

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012

Okay, great! Thanks. Do you happen to know if a T-Mobile version of the GS4 will work with AT&T towers? It seems that Straight Talk doesn't provide SIM cards for the AT&T models anymore.

Of course, I really need to figure out a way to test Straight Talk on my GS3 before buying the GS4 outright.

Truckinupga

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
I'm not sure but I don't see any reason why it would be a problem, I'm not 100% certain but I believe ST has 4G access so I believe they cover pretty much all bands. I have Straight Talk but my phone just does 3G but does it without a hitch on the ST service, I have seen the GS2 for sell through ST but that's only as high end as they sell except for the iPhone.