Strange buzzing/static noise constantly on my computer (pc)

Jcah

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
No matter what im doing on my pc there is a very strange static noise that never stops. I have had this going on for a couple of months maybe. I finally can't stand it anymore. I have tried restarting and messing with some sound settings but nothing seems to work. Whenever i run certain programs or move my mouse or scroll it changes pitch of the static. Im lost for ideas. If anyone has a solution it would be much appreciated, Thanks

sharingan5

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Is the sound coming from the Cabinet or the Speakers?
If it is the Cabinet then it must be either the case fans or the heatsink.

Jcah

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013

The sound is coming from the speakers

thee_prisoner

Distinguished
What kind of speakers do you have? It could be a few things, the PC putting out radio waves, unshielded crappy speakers, bad cables, audio settings, speakers too close to the computer and etc.
The fact that moving your mouse causes a noise change, I have heard that before.

In general more info needed on your speakers and computer.

Jcah

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013

Hey my speakers are Logitech Z130. It also comes through my headphones which are the Razer carcharias.

my computer is an alienware Aurora

Intel® Core™ i7 processors
Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
16GB 1600Mhz Quad Channel memory*
4GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 690
2TB RAID 1+0 performance hard drive

thee_prisoner

Distinguished
Oh, so it does it with headphones too, that makes it more interesting. It sounds like(no pun unintended, like a ground problem or electrical interference. If it is a ground problem, you could try plugging the mouse in different USB ports and if that doesn't work, buy a powered USB hub and plug your mouse in that.

The electrical interference problem(EMI) is a bit harder to solve so try the hub first.

Happy gaming, the Prisoner...

Jcah

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013

Alright, I will try both and tell you how it goes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KARTHIK385358 Audio 2
Rjay2019 Audio 13
M Audio 2
J Audio 1
J Audio 1
D Audio 3