Strange Graphical Bugs with certain games on Dell Inspiron Laptop

abootflock

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
Hi;
I just recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series and am having some issues with it. While it mostly runs perfectly well, it has some graphical issues that I'm really confused by.

But before that, here are the specs:

• Intel Core i7-6500U Processor 2.5GHz
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    16GB DDR3L-1600 RAM
    2TB 5,400RPM Hard Drive
    AMD Radeon R5 M335
    (also has Intel HD Graphics 520 listed under display adapters)

I'm getting some strange and sporadic graphical issues with certain games. So far it's been with The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Rocket League, Paladins, and Bloody Trapland, amongst others.
My issue with Rebirth is that, whenever an enemy jumps and lands on the ground, the screen looks like this (click for album) momentarily. This only occurs during the frames in which an enemy is landing on the ground. It makes the mom's heart fight virtually impossible to understand because her "beating" is registered as landing frames, it seems.
My issue with Rocket League is that, when changing video settings, the game's graphics will totally bug out (pictured here) until I either restart it or or switch some more settings on and off (as this sometimes resolves the problem).
My issue with Paladins is that there will sometimes be small streaks of pixels that seem misplaced across the screen, especially when there are a lot of particle effects going on around me. It makes some of the game's effects look extremely low res or just plain buggy. It seems as though certain lighting effects / particles in particular trigger this issue, although I'm not entirely sure.
My issue with Bloody Trapland is that it won't even start; In fact, upon opening, it "crashes my display driver" (my computer spams this message at me) and refuses to start.

The weird thing is that my computer can run these games just fine (no framerate problems) and I have a cooling pad that's keeping it nicely ventilated. Does anyone have any idea of what this issue could be and if it could even be solved? I suspect it has something to do with the interaction of the AMD card and Intel but I don't know enough to say for sure.

I appreciate any and all help!

Hi,

Please do try a clean install of the graphics card driver of your laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once done, download and install the latest graphics driver from the support site of AMD.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot set AMD to High Performance then test it again and see if this will solve the problem.

abootflock

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016

I've done what you asked (also re-installing the Intel HD Driver for good measure), yet my problems still persist. Also, I don't know if this is helpful, but when Bloody Trapland crashes it is crashing the Intel HD Graphics driver, and Binding of Isaac won't work when I disable the Intel HD Driver as well. What's the purpose of Intel HD Graphics if I have a dedicated graphics card, and why is it so funky?