strange issue connecting

Jimmy_57

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
I'm having the same trouble I see allot of these people are having but nothing is working for me. My laptop has a great connection, it will queue and play my game (league of legends) but not any data, also internet explorer will not pull up any pages at all. Tried firefox also. Maybe related i don't know, when i restart the laptop it error messages me about MSVCP120.dll not being found or something.. Something about logonUI.exe??? Please help!!!

Solution

Check for newer chipset and network card...

Jimmy_57

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
that seems like that will be the solution. I remember deleting this just before it started this mess. But now my problem is getting to the page on the laptop.. With enough tinkering I can get it to go to the oage and even to where you click down but no download happens. Have tried now multiple times.

Did you uninstall anything else? Does the internet work in safe mode with networking? You can also try a system restore point to a time before the issues started.

Jimmy_57

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Ok. So I used f8 while restarting to go to the repair my computer options and chose to return it to factory ccondition. So it is wiped clean and I have done NOTHING else. But now I'm having a new problem.. It wont detect ANY wireless signals. My wifi works great and we have a bunch of others here in the city it should atleast show it picks up, but none. I have checked wireless adapter settings, tried to enable anything I could but it won't let me. I pressed the wifi button on my keyboard and the little hp connect thing comes up and says wifi:disabled... I press it again, still orange light, now hp connect thing on screen sats wifi:eek:ff.... Only those two. Never enqbled or connected.

Check for newer chipset and network card drivers from the laptop vendor.
It may also be a bad card since your original issue was with the network. Does it work OK on a cable?

Solution