Solved! Strange issue with TV not working properly when on wall mount

Oct 25, 2021
Hello,

We seem to be having a strange issue with our Sharp Aquos 75". The TV must be 6-7 years old and we had it hanging/mounted on a wall and working without issues all these years. A couple of days ago the screen went black/dark on the right side, and also showed a bit of ghosting. So half of the screen (or 1/3 of the screen) works fine, while the rest looks dark or completely black. I checked all the cables and everything works fine. The strange thing is that as soon as I take the TV ff the wall mount and I place it on the floor (or set it on its stand) then it works fine. The picture looks fine, no dark areas. The minute we mount it back on the wall we're seeing the same issue with one side being dark.

Can you please let me know what the issue might be and how we can fix this?
I've already reset the TV to its factory settings, doublechecked all cables etc. As I mentioned earlier, the TV works fine when sitting on the floor or on a stand on a table, but the minute it goes back on the wall mount it stops working and half the screen turns black/dark.

Thanks for your help with this!

Solution
Yes, that's what I figured too that is happening, but I have no idea where to start with this. Has anyone ever seen this issue before with their TV? Again, this TV has been on the wall for at least 6 years now and it just started showing this issue.

Take the back of the TV off and start seeing what can get stressed when it's mounted. Maybe there is a cable in the way or just pushing the back plastic out a bit after heating it can fix it.
Oct 25, 2021
Yes, that's what I figured too that is happening, but I have no idea where to start with this. Has anyone ever seen this issue before with their TV? Again, this TV has been on the wall for at least 6 years now and it just started showing this issue.

Take the back of the TV off and start seeing what can get stressed when it's mounted. Maybe there is a cable in the way or just pushing the back plastic out a bit after heating it can fix it.

Solution