strange laptop charger problem?

bullzeye82

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
hi guys my mum has a strange problem with her laptop,

whenever you plug the ac adper in when in windows it shuts down within 30 seceonds,

if i boot the compuer in safe mode, with the ac power in, the laptop charges, to 100%

then i go back into windows , with no power plugged in, for an hour n half, untill battery is nearly flat, plug the charger in and within 1 min, it shuts randonly shuts off,

the battery charges if the laptop is shut down, in bios, or in safe mode, and in normal windows, for about 30 secs then shuts off,, strange problem indeed,
i have cleaned the fans, re aplied thermal compund, reformated the drive in another pc, so it has fresh windows 7 on, bought a new ac adpater, still same problem

any help please?

bullzeye82

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Right i googled my problem and found this solved thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-6920-reboots-when-on-charge-moved-from-vista-7-a-544089-2.html

he said this

"wooot fixed . i decided to check the event log and found a critical error which made the laptop reboot . ( kernel-power)
so i googled for others with that error and it was a driver.
even if there was no conflict in the device manager .

so i went in safe mode and disabeled aal my devices . rebooted with the charger and viola it worked ,
next step was to enable all the devices again an wait for laptop to crash again and i got it down to a processor driver.

so i downloaded another driver and my laptop works better than ever now :)

thx to all that have helped me with my issue and i hop this can help others also"
so after reading this i went into device manager, and disabled my processors, and this does seemed to have worked, not sure how the laptop is still workin with processors disabled but it is,

he said he changed his processor driver and that permanently fixed it, anyone any idea what driver i will need,

laptop is a acer aspire 6920 with dule core t5750 @ 2ghz

bullzeye82

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
yes that was definatley the problem , i am now in regular windows with the power plugged in, and its fine

if i go to device manager .processor it shows 2 processors , i enabled the top one waiting for for pc to shut down , and it dident, so i enabled the second one, and boom, pc went off instantly, any idea where ill find intel dual core drivers guys/?

appreciate any help