Strange pixelate images?

JonahJay

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Alright so awhile ago we moved to a new house, and in our living room we have a 55 inch vizio. We used to play xbox 360 and watch tv and we never had any problems. Now, the hdmi cable is wired through the wall (it was there when we got there) and when we hooked our cable box up it worked just fine. Now a few weeks later, I tried hooking the 360 up and it started to boot just fine, but when it got to the dashboard or a game, the images started to become pixelated and half the pixels on the screen were green and pink. Then I tried my pc on the tv and it booted with no problems till it got to the login screen where the whole screen became a mixture of pink and green pixels, making the pc completely unusable. Just to make sure, I tried the 360 and the PC both on my other tv in my room and both worked just fine. I think something may be wrong with the hdmi cable somehow? Considering the fact that I could use my pc and 360 on the tv up until we moved. Any answers will be appreciated!

JonahJay

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

The cable that is run through the walls currently is a heavy duty cable.

XM Keeper

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

All I can say is to try a different cable that isn't in the wall. My only explanation for the problem you have is that your cable got damaged or something similar. However, if you don't mind me asking, is it just one HDMI cable, or is it 2 or more connected to each other?

JonahJay

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

You know, I'm not sure. It could very well be 2 cables. I really want to switch it out but I'm not very sure of how to go about doing so...