Stream cable from NJ to FL?

rjpalka

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
Hello. I live in both NJ and FL. The cable company is NJ is far more superior than the cable (Comcast) here in FL.

I looked on the internet for hours and cant find anything that may accomplish my idea.
Basically, I want to use my service from NJ (Optimum) and use it here in FL (Comcast). I was wondering if there was like a box that would plug into the cable line in NJ, and through the internet, I could plug another cord into the cable box (that I have from NJ)

So

NJ -----(cable line)----(____?___)------(INTERNET)----------------(____?_____)-----(cable box from NJ)-----(TV IN FLORIDA)

Anyone know of what, if anything can bring what is in my cable wire from NJ to FL so I can enjoy their service down here?

Solution

Get a Roku or an Amazon Fire TV player for your home in florida, theres a slingbox app for it. Or buy a cheap tablet and a chromecast to do it. Its never going to be exact like you're sitting in front of your TV in NJ, but its close enough.

http://www.slingbox.com/Products/SlingplayerApps.aspx

This is literally the only way to do what you want.

rjpalka

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

They stream to a laptop but I would always have to have an HDMI cable plugged into my laptop, and would have to use the keyboard and mouse to look at the guide, etc.

I just need something that will take the cable signal from NJ, put it over the internet through a ethernet cord, then in FL plug an ethernet cord into a device that will turn it into a cable wire signal than connect the cable box?

Was that confusing?

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

Get a Roku or an Amazon Fire TV player for your home in florida, theres a slingbox app for it. Or buy a cheap tablet and a chromecast to do it. Its never going to be exact like you're sitting in front of your TV in NJ, but its close enough.

http://www.slingbox.com/Products/SlingplayerApps.aspx

This is literally the only way to do what you want.

Solution