Travel44

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014
I would like to stream from my PC to my HD TV. I tried HDMI to HDMI but did not get sound.

In my research I found I need an optical/digital/audio cable. I purchased a Toslink optical/digital/audio cable only to find I do not have a port on my PC to support.

Is there an adapter I can purchase to link an HDMI cable to the Toslink ODA cable without loosing sound?

I appreciate your help in advance.

That won't do you any good as there are no optical inputs on your TV just audio output.
Usually HDMI doesn't have an audio input associated wtih it since HDMI is video and audio but some TVs have an HDMI input that can be used with a DVI connection at the source end do have an analog audio input associated with it.
You should be able to select the HDMI connection as your audio device. RIght click on the speaker icon on the taskbar, select the audio tab and then the sound playback device. Might be different on different OS.

Travel44

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

Travel44

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014
Thank you. I tried the HDMI cable and fixed all the audio problems (whew!). Finally got some sound on the TV. Playing my music.

Still not sure how to get streaming shows to the TV. The Window main page shows on my TV and I can make choices from there. But when I go to the desktop, I can't do anything. I wanted to bring up the IE but nothing showed. The TV is connected to a router, cable system (Xfinity).

Next I need to find a solution to connecting my PC to the TV and the surround sound system!

Boy, you really need to be an engineer these days to master all the systems together!!

LGHD TV, Tivo, Philips Surround sound system (an older version) and the Sony BluRay!!! Took me long enough to figure out how to make them all work together. Then there was the usb connected to the SS(!). And the usb photos to the TV. Now I will master the PC to all the rest!! LOL

Thank you for your quick response.

"Flower Child"