Stream from PC to TV wirelessly

dnaeeeutd

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

At the moment, I have a PC on the 3rd floor, and my not-so-smart TV on the 1st floor in my house. The network connections are available everywhere inside my house. Both my PC and TV are capable to connect to the network wiredly or wirelessly. My TV model is Sony KDL-42W674A.

I want to stream something wirelessly from my PC to my TV. Specifically, I usually watch live football using AceStream, and I want to stream that match to my TV. I do have knowledge of DLNA and I am pretty sure that my TV supports it, but DLNA does not seem to be the possible method in this case.

What should I do?

I once thought of Chromecast, but I do not know if it can resolve my problem.

Thank you very much.

Solution
Start by reading the following website "How to".

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2360448/network-storage/how-to-stream-media-from-your-pc-to-your-hdtv-over-wifi.html

Then, as you learn, google "how to stream from pc to tv" for more information.

The important part is to understand what you physically have now (devices) and what their respective capabilities are.

Then determine what devices, if any, you need and how those devices need to be configured to serve content wirelessly from PC to TV.

However, there are two concerns that may make it difficult: 1) the distance between the 1st and 3 floors, and 2) sources of wireless interference or degradation (walls, furniture, appliances, other wireless devices, and neighboring networks)...
Start by reading the following website "How to".

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2360448/network-storage/how-to-stream-media-from-your-pc-to-your-hdtv-over-wifi.html

Then, as you learn, google "how to stream from pc to tv" for more information.

The important part is to understand what you physically have now (devices) and what their respective capabilities are.

Then determine what devices, if any, you need and how those devices need to be configured to serve content wirelessly from PC to TV.

However, there are two concerns that may make it difficult: 1) the distance between the 1st and 3 floors, and 2) sources of wireless interference or degradation (walls, furniture, appliances, other wireless devices, and neighboring networks) that could disrupt wireless connectivity.

You may need to consider having some part of the distance covered via wired. Perhaps an access point on the second floor.

Try to get a deeper understanding of the environment and the problems that may be encountered. Use that information to determine what hardware and overall network configuration is needed to meet your specific requirements.

Solution
I would answer your last question: If that "AceStream" is a web site, and you can watch your game in Chrome browser - yes, you can use Chromecast and stream the Chrome tab.

For general display casting - check whether your PC supports Miracast, and look for compatible receiver at TV side. Here is a good explanation of this technology.