Solved! Stream Services to Sony TV

w1ksz1

Estimable
May 2, 2017
How do I Stream Services like HBOMAX and Paramount + to my Sony Bravia TV using an Android Tablet (Amazon Fire 7) ?

Solution
I already have a Google Chromecast. I am coming to the conclusion that the Amazon will not talk to the Chromecast.
Anyone want a slightly used Fire 7 ??

rs

If you install Google Play Services you can get Chromecast working on Fire Tablets. But it's a bit of a task. - https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/get-google-play-on-fire-tablet

In any case, my suggestion for the Chromecast w/ Google TV wasn't for the Chromecast portion, it was for the Google TV portion. Google TV supports both the HBOMAX and Paramount+ apps. You can eliminate fiddling with the tablet, and Google Play Services and get access to all the other apps as well.

w1ksz1

Estimable
May 2, 2017
You can connect the android tablet with cable to watch or you can use screen cast option if your device support that would be much easier. I faced some problem when connecting to device with my Smart TV. Netflix is not available in our region and I use Ivacy vpn to watch the shows but when I connect my device with TV it doesn't work. When DC my VPN it works. So my screen cast does not support VPN. But if your location doesn't need so go head with screen cast option.
Sorry, that does not work here.

r

w1ksz1

Estimable
May 2, 2017
I already have a Google Chromecast. I am coming to the conclusion that the Amazon will not talk to the Chromecast.

rs

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019

rs

If you install Google Play Services you can get Chromecast working on Fire Tablets. But it's a bit of a task. - https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/get-google-play-on-fire-tablet

In any case, my suggestion for the Chromecast w/ Google TV wasn't for the Chromecast portion, it was for the Google TV portion. Google TV supports both the HBOMAX and Paramount+ apps. You can eliminate fiddling with the tablet, and Google Play Services and get access to all the other apps as well.

Solution