Streaming Radio: What's New With 9 Top Services?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My personal favorite is 8tracks.com. it is really easy to select multiple genres and cross reference them to your specific mood. or try searching what your'e doing, for example "bored on the bus" and it will take care of all your listening needs. there's a good web, mobile web and android version. don't know about ios. no way to select specific artist\ album\ song though...

jdragyn

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Pandora hooked me when it found me some very nice complimentary tracks to Orbital's Halcyon several years ago. I've experimented with a few other stations on Pandora for various moods, but always come back to that original station which has grown nicely. I would say 9 out of every 10 songs I haven't given a thumb to before get a thumbs up. That 10th song though sometimes makes me wonder what's going on under the hood.

My wife likes Jango and it even has an Android app, so I'm a little disappointed to not see a write-up for it here. I guess maybe it isn't as big as I thought?

Ivan Y

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I am very surprised you put Slacker on up-and-comers page. It's been around for quite awhile (they even had a hardware player) and is actually a much more direct substitute for radio than most other services since they've had pre-programmed stations from the very beginning (and you can actually tweak them to determine how "deep" of a catalog you want). And their mobile app was always free :)

I am a paying subscriber to Pandora, but I find myself playing it rarely -- I pay for Slacker's ad-free service for radio-like experience and then use paid Spotify service for whenever I want specific songs/albums.

amitku

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Shoutcast and Winamp is still my favourite. If I want to be the DJ and not listen to ads I use syncdocs.com to make playlists of my Google Drive music. That way I can stream my tunes from Google.

klockwerk

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
Winamp is still indispensable. No other app comes close to it's usefuless playing my (huge) digital music collection. ITunes is a virus.

sanpatrick81

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Thanks for this information about iTunes, i really appreciate your given content and work that you have done for us.
Many thanks my friends,

Good Day

Status
Not open for further replies.