Stubborn browser redirect malware

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I've been infected with the browser redirect malware a few times since last year. CCleaner used to get rid of it quickly but not anymore. RKill and TDSSKiller don't work either.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and use Chrome and Firefox. My AV is Avira Free. Can anyone please suggest something that is likely to get rid of the pest?

Solution
try malware bytes and hitman pro there free. try using bitdefend or avg or avast free online scanner to remove it. also with stuff that comes back look under msconfig programs at start up. a lot of fake helper and driver programs and malware act as dropper now. if you see anthing that not needed there and in under programs remove them.
try malware bytes and hitman pro there free. try using bitdefend or avg or avast free online scanner to remove it. also with stuff that comes back look under msconfig programs at start up. a lot of fake helper and driver programs and malware act as dropper now. if you see anthing that not needed there and in under programs remove them.

Solution