Stuck in Windows 10 set up after a full factory reset

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aname01

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I did full factory reset of my acer aspire Es 15 and now I'm going through the set up and I gonly through the first screen ( so location language keyboard time zone) then I select my Internet then I get the artty settings screen where I can use express settings or custom ( I've done both ) then it says just a moment after a minute or so the screen blinks then my laptop restarts ( so it puts up the Acer logo) and then brings me back to the first set up screen.

Solution
Hello... DL WIn 10 install media and use their install procedure... and when asked for a key, you can say none? or leave blank? (see 5b of instructions)... Microsoft will have a Online record of the activation.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
You will need to do this on a working Computer with a internet connection... the instructions given are pretty clear to me... the TOOL will walk you through creating a "BOOTable" install media. B )

Aname01

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I got it to work when I was installing windows 10 I picked tell advanced option whichave did not use any of the files from the previous os it just stored them in a file which I can access later. Thanks for your help

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... GJ B ) Good to know your hardware (drive) is Working together... I should have mentioned that... good choice, you will have all your OLD files/folders there... I assumed you already had them backed up, since you did a Full/clean factory reset B I

Yes there are 3 different OS/file install options... Re-Fresh-clean-backup (Windows.old) B ) ...each for a different reason.