Stuck of automatic repair and diagnosis ?

Flxrie

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
My acer laptop is stuck in the cycle of preparing automatic repair and then diagnosing, the problem is i can only see half the screen as the screen is damaged, after that it seems to go to a blue screen and if i press enter it turns the laptop off, my laptop will not connect via any hdmi i try or vga so im stuck, i dont know if its worth fixing the screen as im not sure i could even fix the blue screen endless blue screen/ diagnosis thing

hang-the-9

Titan
Need a bit of background to the issue, did this boot issue happen when the screen was damaged? A boot issue like yours often comes up when the hard drive is damaged. Maybe a RAM issue. A drop that breaks the screen can also damage the hard drive. If it's worth fixing the screen would depend on the age/condition/model/current cost of the laptop. The boot issue could be fixed, maybe with a clean Windows setup or a new drive and then a clean Windows setup. If this happened right after an update, using the Last Known Good boot option from the F8 boot menu may help.

hang-the-9

Titan
Need a bit of background to the issue, did this boot issue happen when the screen was damaged? A boot issue like yours often comes up when the hard drive is damaged. Maybe a RAM issue. A drop that breaks the screen can also damage the hard drive. If it's worth fixing the screen would depend on the age/condition/model/current cost of the laptop. The boot issue could be fixed, maybe with a clean Windows setup or a new drive and then a clean Windows setup. If this happened right after an update, using the Last Known Good boot option from the F8 boot menu may help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JackGer8 Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 6
A Laptop Tech Support 9
I Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 4
E Laptop Tech Support 7
D Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3