Solved! SOLVED Stuck on welcome screen windows 10 for 1 user

Status
Not open for further replies.

asda333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
Hi again

I have recently come across this strange problem.

I can't seem to login, if I enter username and pin it would be stuck in the welcome screen.

I don't have any devices connected to it and tried chkdsk which took 3 to 5 hours to do something and still problem persisted.

Start up repair didn't work nor does it let me go to safe mode as it gets stuck at welcome screen there too.

I can login to admin account passing the welcome screen but my main user I can't it gets stuck.

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
I just figured out what the problem was.

After trying what you mentioned already of corrupt registry and corrupt user profile the fixes didn't help. I managed to create another account but didn't want to copy files and leave my user settings behind.

I then did a scan and the scan was at the local app data temp folder for 7 hours and then blue screen of death "WHEA Uncorrectable error"

So I thought let me clean up the temp folder in app data, about 30gb in there from constantly running a python script for 8 hours a day may have done that.

Deleted the files and voila it logged in.

This solution is never one of the options for stuck at a welcome screen.

Thanks anyway as always
You always come and help

asda333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015

After trying what you mentioned already of corrupt registry and corrupt user profile the fixes didn't help. I managed to create another account but didn't want to copy files and leave my user settings behind.

I then did a scan and the scan was at the local app data temp folder for 7 hours and then blue screen of death "WHEA Uncorrectable error"

So I thought let me clean up the temp folder in app data, about 30gb in there from constantly running a python script for 8 hours a day may have done that.

Thanks anyway as always
You always come and help

Solution

Thanks anyway as always
You always come and help

Most people don't have 30gb of data in the temp folder, which is probably why it's not a solution you would find LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.