Student Designs Cardboard PC Casing

Status
Not open for further replies.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Or even reuse it. But alot of people apparently just throw whole computers away. I bet there are plenty of P4~ish level of computers just sitting places that would still run perfectly fine. Which brings me to: You still have the problem of motherboards and whatnot just sitting in landfills.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]False_Dmitry_II[/nom]Or even reuse it. But alot of people apparently just throw whole computers away. I bet there are plenty of P4~ish level of computers just sitting places that would still run perfectly fine. Which brings me to: You still have the problem of motherboards and whatnot just sitting in landfills.[/citation]

nto strue , about the mother boards and card compents , thera re many palces tehse days that have special recyliing centers , thatr strip and sperate all these compnents for recyling

twanto

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2002
Special recycling centers, sure. It's called China, where the metals get stripped out of the PCB by kids. Fun cancer factory, yay!

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]... or one could just throw their empty steel computer case in the steel recycling bin like any normal person would.[/citation]
"normal" people in Houston don't recycle

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
acrylic cases spring up intersting conversations, cardbord cases just make you look like an idiot for buying one.

Swivelguy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
The computer case accounts for 10% of the embodied energy of a computer, at the absolute most. It's also the most reusable part.

G

Have any of you guys seen movie called 'Manufacturing Landscapes'? I recommend you take a look, it tels few interesting facts about 'recycling'.

hellscook

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
I've seen the "cardboard PC case" a dozen times in the last 5 years. The problem is nobody wants a freaking cardboard case.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/05/recompute-a-closer-look-at-the-sustainable-cardboard-pc/

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
How could this be a thesis? Seriously, this project deserve a D at best...

My final project for my bachelor degree was way more impressive and it was far from a thesis.

I was using a DSP for Analog/Digital/Analog conversion for my guitar signal. In the digital area, I was applying echoes, equalizing filters and distortion...

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
5 student in mechanical engineering have made a frigging plane for their final bachelor project... a frigging PLANE!!!

And this guy is doing... a cardboard pc case... for a master thesis...

Status
Not open for further replies.