Solved! Studio monitors produces high frequency noise without any input [Monkey Banana Gibbon 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfikH

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
Hello,
I know there are alot of related threads about studio monitors and speakers producing noise but none helped me,
Also i couldn't find one where the monitors are generating noise even when there is no input connected .

So i got these studio monitors about 2 weeks ago "Monkey Banana Gibbon 5" 5 inch monitors both are active both are connected to the same outlet which also feeds the rest of my equipment(PC, display),
long story short one of the monitors produces this really annoying high frequency noise which is getting higher in volume(same tone) when i play some audio and when i pause the audio the volume of the noise is getting low again about 2 seconds after pausing,
The noise is always there even when the monitor have no input and is not connected with audio interface or anything . An important thing to mention is the same thing happens with the other monitor but the noise frequency is lower so it's very very hard to notice . i can only notice the noise in the other monitor when nothing is played .

If anyone have any idea if this thing has a solution i'd love to know !
Thanks .

Solution
Hay thanks for your reply .
I have made contact with the store where i bought these monitors, they did said that if one monitor is producing noise with a different frequency then something is not right . The thing is since i wasnt home for a while i have sent my brother to the store with the monitors so their technitian can check them but as i expected he couldn't hear the noise i was talking about and i expected this since my brother couldn't hear it as well . It's a very high frequency noise. I think it's a similar case to when old people cant hear frequencies as high as a young person, not calling my brother and the store workers old but it's something that differ between humans so it makes sense i'll go to the store again when...

AfikH

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
Did you contact their support to check about this? It's pretty much just noise from the amp and circuits. Try using a separate power plug, and using a power strip.
I have made contact with the store where i bought these monitors, they did said that if one monitor is producing noise with a different frequency then something is not right . The thing is since i wasnt home for a while i have sent my brother to the store with the monitors so their technitian can check them but as i expected he couldn't hear the noise i was talking about and i expected this since my brother couldn't hear it as well . It's a very high frequency noise. I think it's a similar case to when old people cant hear frequencies as high as a young person, not calling my brother and the store workers old but it's something that differ between humans so it makes sense i'll go to the store again when i'll be home then i'll be able to explain to them what i hear in person .
I've already tried multiple power setups none worked, i guess it's just a faulty amp ...

Thanks again for the help .

I have made contact with the store where i bought these monitors, they did said that if one monitor is producing noise with a different frequency then something is not right . The thing is since i wasnt home for a while i have sent my brother to the store with the monitors so their technitian can check them but as i expected he couldn't hear the noise i was talking about and i expected this since my brother couldn't hear it as well . It's a very high frequency noise. I think it's a similar case to when old people cant hear frequencies as high as a young person, not calling my brother and the store workers old but it's something that differ between humans so it makes sense i'll go to the store again when i'll be home then i'll be able to explain to them what i hear in person .
I've already tried multiple power setups none worked, i guess it's just a faulty amp ...

Thanks again for the help .

Yes you are correct that it may be a frequency someone else can't hear. It's not so much faulty as just not great shielding or build, it happens quite often with powered speakers and even some power amps. My $80 JBL speakers don't do this, but my parents bought a $120 Edifier set that did, but only one of the two they bought. I think it's the power in the room the one is in that is causing the issue though, the power lines are at a frequency that amplifier hum can come from.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.