Study: Game Observers Can Be Harmed Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]ivan_chess[/nom]Fixed.[/citation]
Alas, common sense is the most uncommon thing in the world.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
You don't play with a ball on the living room or under any cramped conditions, so the same reasoning would go for any activities that involved flinging your arms around and/or jumping and moving frenetically.

Wii fit? Wii sports? Go outside!! There's plenty more room, it's free and you are less likely to injure yourself with furniture!

G

[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Why is she smiling? It's creepy.[/citation]
Maybe she's a masochist. =O

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Why is she smiling? It's creepy.[/citation]If my friend smashed me in the face with a Wii remote, I'd smile in the picture too! Kinda funny actually. Who the hell gets hit in the eye with a Wii Remote!!??

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]If my friend smashed me in the face with a Wii remote, I'd smile in the picture too! Kinda funny actually. Who the hell gets hit in the eye with a Wii Remote!!??[/citation]

Vigorously play wii gold and when you are about to swing the controller it flies unto someone's face. It can happen.

snapple232

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
"Most of the injuries sustained by gamers within the 5-year time-frame were just over 16 years old."

The injuries were 16 years old?

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Because actually playing these sports is safer? Useless studies attempt to warn us that swinging hard objects in a closed area will inevitably cause harm to something or someone. Thank you, I only wish you got paid even more for your depth of insight.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
video games like the real thing. wonder how many of these same people getting hurt would stand behind some dude firing an rpg or anti tank missle while getting shot at or if they would stand that close to a batter/catcher in real life. guess common sense is not as precious as a darnwinism award these days

C 64

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Why is she smiling? It's creepy.[/citation]
You don't see it, but right next to her a large flash mob of lawyers gathered and they are shouting: "Sue! Sue! Millions! Millions!"....

Status
Not open for further replies.