Stupid IPOD Problem:

lxgamer

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Hello Pros:
I got one hell of a freaky problem with my ipod v2. its of 10 Gig. an old one but not much :p .. It just showing an APPLE logo and thats all. I can do with it is just reset and happens nothing just flickers(resets) and Apple logo comes again and thats it. I also tried searching for its troubleshoot but of no avail at all.
I tried it with draining all of its battery but no chance, used Firewire and no chance, didnt checked for USB connection, and even not checked with other PC yet coz i got no other.

I also tried to update its firmware, HOW CAN I UPDTAE FIRMWARE IF ITS NOT DETECTED? YES, IT IS NOT BEING SHOWED BY THE WINDOWS AT ALL but it Charges through Firewire such tht when it charges up, Apple Logo is removed and Blank Screen comes up, I feel its charging bcz it gets hot from beneath.

It happened just in usual time, I use it commonly, this creepy problem never happened before but NOW WHT!? IM STUCKED ... HELP ME GUYS ... THANKS in ADVANCE...and oh, dont tell me tht to buy new one, coz i got no money in my pocket :D.

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Takign a stab, i would say the harddrive is gone, my sisters ipod mini did exactly the same thing when its harddrive broke - i told her not to touch ipods....

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Looks like you have an expensive paperweight.

I don't mean to be rude but the next time you buy a Digital Audio Player, do yourself a favour; don't get an iPod.

p.s. rammedstein, my friend bought an iPod mini as well and it screwed itself after 2 months.

strangestranger

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
how come everytime i hear the word ipod it involves it breaking down. i know someone who went through three in a year and they were careful with them. not surprising the place they got them from didn't even query them just gave them a replacement.