sub works but speakers take 10 mins to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2018
every time my paradigm millenia ct is turned on the sub woofer works perfectly fine but the speakers will take 10 minutes to startup. the sub woofer starts and functions normally on startup but the speakers wont start producing any noise until around the 8 minute mark, then it takes around 2 minutes for them to go to the regular volume level. im not sure what the problem is but it could be the cable. i have tried contacting paradigm support and they recommend an expensive repair to the sub woofer. if anyone has experienced the same problem and managed to fix it themselves it would be really nice if you could share, if not please give any advice or things i could try.

Solution
That is a common problem with that system. The circuit that controls the turn on delay is on the plate amp. Under warranty they just replace that. I don't know what you consider expensive but they are not usually crazy on out of warranty repairs. They aren't cooperative about other people doing repairs though so you can't get any schematics or a service manual from them.
That is a common problem with that system. The circuit that controls the turn on delay is on the plate amp. Under warranty they just replace that. I don't know what you consider expensive but they are not usually crazy on out of warranty repairs. They aren't cooperative about other people doing repairs though so you can't get any schematics or a service manual from them.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.