Solved! Subwoofer connected to pc, low volume, tried everything, desperate

Dec 4, 2018
Hello all, first time here.

I got a Dreamax Active 5010 5.1 subwoofer. With it came some speakers but i'm not interested in those, i just want to connect the sub to my PC.

The problem is that its volume is too low. Before you say anything, all the volume sliders are turned all the way up.

I have enabled loudness equalization, i have connected the subwoofer's green jack to my 2 stereo speaker headphone jack, i have connected another black cable that the woofer has to the headphone jack, i installed drivers for Nvidia HD audio, i fiddled around with the Realtek audio manager, nothing works. The only thing i achieved was to raise the volume a tiny bit with the loudness equalization off and that sounded terrible.

At the moment i have my stereo speakers connected and they work perfectly, so its not the ports.

I must also mention that i have no soundcard but, my dad had this subwoofer 10 years ago, and that also had no soundcard (i think).

Here are the specs according to Speccy:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i3 6100 @ 3.70GHz 26 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (17-17-17-39)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H110M-S2PV-CF (U3E1) 28 °C
Graphics
S22B150 (1920x1080@60Hz)
AAA (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (NVIDIA) 27 °C
Storage
465GB Western Digital WD WD5000LPCX-00VHA SCSI Disk Device (SATA ) 27 °C
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-22B2ST SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

two posts merged by moderator

Solution
The green audio output is the full range stereo output of the PC. I don't know what the black cable you describe going from the sub to the "headphone jack" is. I suspect it's not needed. The description of your mobo doesn't mention support for 2.1 audio so you may not be able to use the orange audio jack which is the center/sub output.
If may not be possible to match the level of the sub with speakers different than the ones it came with.
Also if the mobo used realtek audio I don't think you can just use Nvideo drivers which may only affect the HDMI audio output.
The green audio output is the full range stereo output of the PC. I don't know what the black cable you describe going from the sub to the "headphone jack" is. I suspect it's not needed. The description of your mobo doesn't mention support for 2.1 audio so you may not be able to use the orange audio jack which is the center/sub output.
If may not be possible to match the level of the sub with speakers different than the ones it came with.
Also if the mobo used realtek audio I don't think you can just use Nvideo drivers which may only affect the HDMI audio output.

Solution
Dec 4, 2018
I gave up on it 3 hours ago man haha, thx anyway, im going to get an old soundcard I had and try again with that. Thanks a million anyway, glad to know that piece of info.