subwoofer of my Asus G750jx not working in windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Hello All
I have an Asus g750JX. I upgraded it from windows 7 to windows 10. all was working well. but then suddenly my subwoofer has stopped working. though i can see subwoofer in the sound option's level tab. but when i increase or decrease it, nothing happens, previously it worked. I hope any of u can help me out in fixing this issue without me having to reinstall windows.

What i have done so far:
I have reinstalled different versions of drivers from both asus's website and realtek's website.
I have explored the realtek hd manager and did not find any option to rectify the issue.
I have stopped windows from updating the device drivers by itself

Hope to hear from you all soon.
Thanks in advance

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Try configuring the audio setup under playback devices/configure (after selecting the playback device)
Follow the prompts and set it to 5.1 or maybe 2.1 if that's an option, i would just try them all until to see which one works best.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Thanks for a quick reply

in the configuration option the surround sound option is shaded and cannot be changed.
please view the screenshot below:

The one in which the subwoofer's option may be seen, if we increase or decrease its volume, nothing happens.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I'm not exactly sure how these built in subwoofers work with laptops but it could be software controlled via what ever software asus packages over the realtek base driver.
Windows 10 might be the issue here if there are no actual win10 drivers for the laptop.
You could try installing the latest realtek drivers then try installing the win7 drivers over the top.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Yes, Keeping that in mind i installed other similar asus rog laptop's audio drivers which included G751JY and G752. They both have native windows 10 audio drivers but non of them worked. The windows default subwoofer controls used to work but it has suddenly stopped. maybe this has something to do with the registry or something. I am hoping someone might me out in this matter

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
You haven't opened the back of the laptop up at all have you? If so, maybe you bumped the cable for the subwoofer.

Do windows update to the creators or fall creators update? That might have bricked current driver support.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with some other suggestions.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
nah i have not opened my laptop. Also ye i have upgraded to fall creator edition as the windows updates started to download it and install it. but i think it was working after that, as now i felt the sound to be of less quality and upon checking i noticed the subwoofer not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.