Subwoofer speaker wire to pre-out denon receiver ?

Tulipomania

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
Hi all,

I am using a Denon AVR 1911 with the speakers from a 1000W LG S63T1 5.1 speaker set using universal speaker wires. The sub (S63T1-W) uses speaker wires with bespoke plug (looks like a car speaker jack clip) for the home cinema receiver. I no longer have this receiver and it was replaced with the Denon. However Denon uses pre-out for the subwoofer.

I have no clue how to connect the two (the rest is working fine) since the LG sub does not have a power cord. Initial idea was to cut the clip off and use the speaker wires, but not sure where to go from there.

Any advice or suggestions in this area?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Is this a duplicate thread?
You would need a power supply for the car amps. They would work.
sub out to one channel input of the amp. Remove the connector from the sub wire and use that to connect to one pair of speaker terminals, Try reversing the wires. The correct polarity will give you the most bass.
You will need to set up the receiver too.
You will need an additional amplifier to use a passive subwoofer with any AV receiver.
Power ratings on HTS systems are a complete lie so I would guess that somewhere around 50 watts mono will be fine.
You can cut off the subwoofer connector. One of the wires is the plus, the other minus, and how they connect to the amp will affect the amount of bass you get. When they are correct you will hear more bass. This makes the subwoofer and woofer in the sats move in the same direction at the same time. They are "in phase".
You could also get a self powered subwoofer.

Tulipomania

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
Thanks for the reply - would something simple and cheap like this work:

https://www.google.co.uk/searchbyimage/upload#imgdii=tye0aH5ejlHyQM:&imgrc=84Weoy3uOWB4qM:

Like a car amp? I've read in a couple plAces that it could suffice and ideally I don't want to buy a new active sub or expensive amp.

If the one above would be suitable, how would I go about connecting? (Total audio rookie here...)

Any help is much appreciated!

Is this a duplicate thread?
You would need a power supply for the car amps. They would work.
sub out to one channel input of the amp. Remove the connector from the sub wire and use that to connect to one pair of speaker terminals, Try reversing the wires. The correct polarity will give you the most bass.
You will need to set up the receiver too.

Solution