Subwoofer to PC Connect Help

chenzo24

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
Solution
Since your sub does not have an output the main speakers would connect to the green audio output of the PC.
The sub would connect to the orange audio output of the PC. You will need a cable with stereo mini plug on one end and 2 RCA plugs on the other. One of these will be for the subwoofer (the other is for the center). You can determine which is which by trial and error.
Only one will product sound since you are 2.1 channel mode. It does not matter which input of the sub you use.
You will have to set the relative level of the main speakers and sub to get the right balance and from then on use the volume control on the PC which will vary both the main and sub together.

SecondFlight

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
I did some Google searching and learned that at least some subwoofers have you input the full audio stream and then split it. They then send the higher part of the signal to your speakers and play the low part. You can connect your computer to your subwoofer by using a 3.5mm to RCA adapter. As far as I can tell, this is the line level input that your sub has. Your sub also has what's called a speaker level input, and I wasn't able to figure out what that is, although it outputs using speaker level, so if you want to hook up speakers to your sub, you will probably want to figure that out.

Anyways, hope this helps. Best of luck to you :)

Since your sub does not have an output the main speakers would connect to the green audio output of the PC.
The sub would connect to the orange audio output of the PC. You will need a cable with stereo mini plug on one end and 2 RCA plugs on the other. One of these will be for the subwoofer (the other is for the center). You can determine which is which by trial and error.
Only one will product sound since you are 2.1 channel mode. It does not matter which input of the sub you use.
You will have to set the relative level of the main speakers and sub to get the right balance and from then on use the volume control on the PC which will vary both the main and sub together.

Solution