Sudden black screen

JonasNymose

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
A month ago I bought a brand new Lenovo B51-80 laptop. Since the first day I've had the same problem. After 10 minutes to an hour or more my screen Will suddenly turn Black. Not like if it's turned off. The screen is still on so it's not completely black. Very dark greyish blue. The only way to get around this is by restarting using the power button.
It also happens when I'm not doing anything, so it can't be heat related. Though it's on high performance mode and no sleeping. But it also happens without those adjustments.
First time it happened where after upgrading to windows 10. Then I downgraded back to windows 7 because of latency issues. It fixed the latency, but it still had the other problem.
I couldn't find any matching problems online similar to mine. The closest one being related to overheating. But my laptop rarely goes hot.
I'm afraid it might be a hardware issue.
Someone having any idea about what is going on?
Any help appreciated!

JonasNymose

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

I called the support. The guy on the phone wanted me to try opdating the Intel graphics card. But I don't have internet at home for my pc. Instead he then told me to switch to something Else on the pc. I forgot the title. Standard something. I guess it's lower quality or something. Forgot to ask. But my PC needed to restart. He told me to wait and see and that it's possible that it might happen again in some days or in a week or 2. And if it didn't work I should try to update the graphics next time I would have an internet connection. Though I think I've tried to update everything. But if that didn't work out either then I should call the support again and ask for him. Because then it might be an issue with the hardware.
My laptop had been on for hours since I called the support. Nothing happened. So far so good.
Worse graphics doesn't really matter to me. The Laptop was bought for music production.