Joder921

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
I took out my new speakers to go try them out on a friends laptop, but when i plugged them back into my own, no sound would come out. Same with my ear buds, and other pair of speakers.

I re-installed the realtek HD audio driver, but that did nothing. I made sure the audio wasn't muted
I made sure it was detecting my devices, and "using" the right ones. All of my devices run fine with other computers, just not mine.

I know Nvidia has some HD audio drivers, and i tried removing them, and re-installing the realtek ones, but still nothing. It was working just the day before, and I know the devices are working fine.

Is it still a driver problem, or could it be a disfunctional mobo?

Specs-
CPU: Intel i5-4590
GPU: EVGA GTX 970
RAM: 8GB of DDR3
MOBO: Asrock H81M'
STORAGE: 250GB Kingston SSD
1TB Caviar Blue HDD
POWER: Corsair 500W Modular
Monitor: Dell 1400x900
Speakers: Logitech z200 speakers.

My CPU has been acting up the past few days, but I just fixed that. Could they be linked?
Anyways thanks in advance!

Saumya Gupta

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
Have you checked your volume mixer?

Right Click the speaker icon on the bottom right hand side.
click open volume mixer and make sure everything is set to max.
if that doesnt work move to next step

Right click the speaker icon on the bottom right hand side.
click playback devices
on the playback tab, try to find your speakers.
if they arent there right click in the open space and click "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices"
if you find the speakers greyed out, right click and hit enable.
if they come up, click test

let me know if this works.

Joder921

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
I've tried that before. I found it, clicked test and nothing happens. I'm pretty sure those are my speakers, because when I unplug them from the computer they say "disconnected" and when i plug them back in they are "connected".

I have also gone into the Realtek sound test and that didn't work either.