Sudden performance drop after crash on HP Omen Laptop

Kiwiscrub

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
Hey guys

a couple of days ago i was playing Overwatch when my game crashed and i was forced to do a hard restart, After this my games have been running noticeably worse and i have lost lots of frames and the time it takes for games to start up has increased significanty. I tried rolling back my Nvidia 960m and updating it which hasnt worked, i have trouble shotoed and still no fix. I have a cooling pad and the fan was on high and it did not seem overly hot to touch when it crashed, Half my games have become unplayable and im really hoping for help

Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i70472HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
INtel(R) HD graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Thanks Alot

Solution
Since you had to do a forced restart, have you check the system, over all, for issues. I know we all tend to skip the options (when restarting) to check the system, but it is usually not a good idea to do so.

Try running Scan Disk or other program to check the hard drive for issues. Once that is done run Defrag (which can take a while).

You should also clear out junk and temp files using Disk Cleaner or something similar.

Once you have done all that, check for upgrades, and then reboot the computer. It should be running a bit better.

If that isn't the case, then more diagnostics may be needed.
Since you had to do a forced restart, have you check the system, over all, for issues. I know we all tend to skip the options (when restarting) to check the system, but it is usually not a good idea to do so.

Try running Scan Disk or other program to check the hard drive for issues. Once that is done run Defrag (which can take a while).

You should also clear out junk and temp files using Disk Cleaner or something similar.

Once you have done all that, check for upgrades, and then reboot the computer. It should be running a bit better.

If that isn't the case, then more diagnostics may be needed.

Solution