Sudden pink/purple tint and screen burn issues on my ASUS 17" Laptop - confirmation/help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arryn86

Commendable
May 8, 2016
So last night while on my ASUS laptop I was browsing away as normal my screen out of nowhere developed a pinky/purple tint....there are also seemed to be some sort of ghosting or image retention going on as I can faintly make out my own desktop wallpaper and icons as I type this message. I did a reboot and system restore both yielded 0 results, I also checked my 970m graphics card was working properly via windows and it appears to be working fine so I'm confused as hell as to what's going on. I can also confirm that when I connected it up to my TV via HDMI the image was 100% perfect on the TV not the tinted mess that's being displayed on the laptop screen currently.

Could it be the screen that needs replacing? I've already looked up laptop screen replacement shops online and there are a few near me but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something else and that a screen replacement could fix this issue. Would also appreciate it if there are any other suggestions for diagnostics I could run to rule out other issues if you suspect them. Thanks.

Solution
Hi, you can reseat the cable on the back of the screen, if you have the same result try reseat the cable for the screen on the motherboard. If the same problem occur, then you need a new screen. Also look if the cable is not damaged.
Status
Not open for further replies.