Sudden Printer failure with Word documents only

waveryder

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
We own two windows 7 laptops and an HP Officejet 6700 all in one. Three or four times over the past year one or the other laptops had been unable to print Word documents from Office 2010 to the printer. In all cases we have been able to print from gmail or mozilla accounts etc... but not Word documents. Happened again. Yesterday my spouse printed documents successfully. Today I cannot. Checked spooler status through services window and all is well there. Can print anything at all including word documents attached to emails in Thunderbird. Well beyond annoyed. Last time this happened I fiddled and diddled with forum answers and Microsoft help yada, yada. Nothing. Then 24 hours later we could print again. WTF?

Solution
You have probably updated all of the drivers and Windows 7 (as best as is now possible....) - correct?

Any error messages at all via laptop or printer?

Any changes to the default printer settings?

Wired or wireless?

In either case try assigning a static IP to the printer. Use an IP address outside of the DHCP IP range allowed on the router. Also reserve printer's static IP address on the router via the Printer's MAC.

You have probably updated all of the drivers and Windows 7 (as best as is now possible....) - correct?

Any error messages at all via laptop or printer?

Any changes to the default printer settings?

Wired or wireless?

In either case try assigning a static IP to the printer. Use an IP address outside of the DHCP IP range allowed on the router. Also reserve printer's static IP address on the router via the Printer's MAC.

Solution