Suggesstions For Powerful Laptop W/ OS SSD

Entrt4inment

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
Hey guys, I'm looking for a powerful laptop to accompany my PC since I can't use my PC everywhere and I'd like something to work and game on (light gaming). Below I'll list everything I'm looking for to sort of give you an idea of what I'd like it to feature. Since I don't know too much about laptops I thought I'd ask here since you guys are always super helpful :)

Budget: £550/$800 - £800/$1150
Here's some information on what I want from it.
I do YouTube so I'm looking to a lot of video rendering and graphical editing so I'm guessing a good dedicated GPU is required? This is my main concern because pretty much any laptop can stream Netflix, watch YouTube etc. but I need something that I can upload to YouTube with and edit in Vegas and all that fun stuff.
I definitely want it to be an i5 but if that doesn't mean the same thing as what an i5 is to a PC, it's not a big deal.
The IPS panel for me is something I really want since my monitor has one and I can't live without one now haha. If it's not possible in my price range, no problem.
The OS SSD has to be there, even if it's a hybrid, I need the fast boost times. Something that I've come to expect after having one in my PC and my previous Chromebook. (6 second boot time on that chromebook!)
Lastly, I'd like to do some gaming on this. I'm not expecting to push Ultra settings 60FPS on BF4, but for example I'd like to run CSGO at a 60FPS and that's pretty much it.
Note on the budget, I really want it to be below £550 since I intend to buy it this now, and if it's above the £550 I'd have to buy it at a much later date. I just added that in incase what i ask for isn't possible at that price point.

I appreciate all the time you've taken to read and reply to this, have a nice day!

Solution

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
Solution

Entrt4inment

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014

Looks awesome! I've looked into it some more and I'm really leaning toward ultrabooks now since I want that sleek type of feel to the laptop so gaming isn't a priority anymore. Let's say I've downgraded it to just being able to run CSGO with a 60FPS xD

Thanks though, this laptop looks great in terms of editing/gaming :)