Question Suggestions for a lightweight/portable laptop that doesn't overheat?

Jun 5, 2020
I know I'm asking for the world here. I currently have a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro (Model NP930MBE) and I like the laptop for the most part. But while I'm at home I have two monitors (VGA and HDMI), a USB charging pad, ethernet, and a USB headset all connected via a j5create docking station connected via USB-C. I'm not a heavy user and usually just run Horizon to connect to my company's systems and maybe Microsoft Edge as well. The computer has been getting very warm and laggy. I'm assuming because of it's size and the mediocre fan.

Does anyone have suggestions for a light laptop that won't heat up? When I'm in the office I use it exclusively for my notes during meetings and so I need something easy to carry and not bulky.

Thanks!

Jun 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply. In terms of the heating, it’s definitely the computer. It’s a new docking station as previously I had a smaller one but it was only connected to one monitor and not two. The other monitor was on a USB-C to VGA adaptor but that broke. Power goes from the wall to the docking station and then to the computer. Would the second monitor now going through the docking station cause the heating?

Yes, I’ve got it connected to one of the two ports on the left side. Previously the USB-C to VGA adaptor was on the right.

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
The modern ultrabooks are really fantastic with respect to keeping cool...so long as you are not gaming....!

My experiences have been with the HP x360 spectre 13", the Dell xps 13" and the Dell 7400. They never get hot with normal usage, and there are tools built in to control the fan / running speeds, etc.

R