Suggestions for laptop replacement

Rena450

Estimable
May 25, 2015
Can anyone steer me in the right direction to replace my 6 year old 17" Dell i3 Windows 7 laptop? It's been getting quite slow and hanging up once in a while. I know it will die soon or I am looking for a replacement now.

I primarily use it to surf the web, download pics, use Office Word occasionally, check e-mails, burn an occasional music cd, etc. I don't use it to watch movies, play games or for business.

I like a larger screen (I'm 62 yrs young), was looking into all-in-ones (but I would want a wireless keyboard and mouse) and I am very apprehensive about Windows 8/Windows 8.1.

Was also looking into getting a replacement that has Windows 7 professional, but, I'm not sure if it is similar to Windows 7 Home Edition, which is what I have now.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rena

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
Are you willing to build a computer? Half the time the same desktop is built for a lot less (say, a i3 desktop will cost $500 while you can build it for less than $250 right now).

Rena450

Estimable
May 25, 2015
Not really ....... I'm not that tech savvy. I'd like to pull something out of the box and go with it. Appreciate the suggestion, however.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop General Discussion 3
M Laptop General Discussion 7
Citrine Piasora Laptop General Discussion 0
K Laptop General Discussion 3
N Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 0
G Laptop General Discussion 8
L Laptop General Discussion 0
O Laptop General Discussion 1
mark.j.ruggiero Laptop General Discussion 3
ccccccccc Laptop General Discussion 1