Solved! Surface book2 i5 7300 v 8350

Aug 31, 2019
Hi
Would appreciate you help. I am deciding which surface book 2 model to buy my son for his studies. We like the 2 in 1 functionality and long battery life.
He will use it for word processing, power point, notes and watching videos e.g. You Tube etc.
Aim will be to keep laptop for next 3-4 years.

Questions
1. Which processor meets his needs
i7300u or i8350u?
I understand the 7300 is only dual core however will there be significant difference in speed versus 8350u for his use case ?
The price difference is about £200.

1. He does not use photos and streams music . He may download movies from time to time. Is 128gb enough or should we go for 256gb? He hasn't filled his 128gb iPad pro in 3years.
  2. Will the 7300 dual core chip be able to maintain sufficient performance over next 3-4 years or will software be better suited to a quad core processor
  3. Is 8gb ram sufficient for his needs?

Thank you for your help

Solution
There is a decent boost in modern programs with the 8th gen CPU with 4 cores, for something that will be used for a while, would be worth for the upgrade. Drive size will really depend on usage, if nothing past some documents are saved locally, no large games or programs are installed, 128 is OK, but really minimal. Getting a larger drive would make the system more open to use. 8GB of RAM is fine.
There is a decent boost in modern programs with the 8th gen CPU with 4 cores, for something that will be used for a while, would be worth for the upgrade. Drive size will really depend on usage, if nothing past some documents are saved locally, no large games or programs are installed, 128 is OK, but really minimal. Getting a larger drive would make the system more open to use. 8GB of RAM is fine.

Solution
Aug 31, 2019
Thank you