Surface Pro 1st gen worth $300 or keep?

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I have a first gen surface pro with 128gb. I was debating selling it for $300 or keeping it. Should I sell it or keep it or do you think I can get more for it?

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Like with anything tech oriented, the longer you wait to sell it (if you ever want to sell it vs. keeping it until it dies), the less it is going to be worth as new and better products come along. If you need the money or you would like to buy something else with that $300, offload it before the approaching holidays. New generation tablets are often introduced towards the end of the year, and inventory-clearing sales of last-year models happen.

museprime

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

I honestly can think of anything I need else that I need beside having an extra $300 bucks in my pockets. Not to mention I think I paid $400- $500 when I got. At one point I though hey maybe I'll pick up a surface 3 pro. But like the original surface pro I wasn't ready to drop $1k to $1500.

Not mention I haven't tried it out while running windows 10 yet. Anyone know if runs any less hotter?

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
I put 10 on mine. Works mostly fine, I've had some touchscreen issues. But I was starting to have those issues before the upgrade so I think it's just a hardware problem. Heat wise it seems the same to me.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Everything depreciates in value, it's a sad fact of life. Nothing you think you will get for your sale will be what you want it to be. Just because a new product is introduced and last years' models will affect market value, it still won't stop the depreciation of an item.