Surface Pro 3 heating,startup and battery life

BananaLegion

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
Its been nearly 3 weeks since i bought my surface pro 3 i5 128g model and ive been starting to notice some problems. First off, the battery life is seems really bad. For me, i use it for school and it only seems to last a few hours, usually 4-5 hours which seems i bit bad. secondly, the heat coming from the back of the surface seems awfully hot when i browse on chrom while charging.There also seems to be some grid like marks on the back thats most visible when looking side on while light is shining on it. Third and lastly, sometimes after closing my surface for a while and coming back and after logging in, nothing seems to be responsive, as in, when double click on programs they wont load, shutting down wont work (i have to manually shut down by holding down the power button).

TL;DR - battery lasts only 4-5 hours, heat feels hotter than its suppose to be when browsing lightly while charging, grid marks on the back, programs sometimes unresponsive after waking up from sleep

Solution
Sounds about normal. The battery life is actually seems good, remember the Pro is laptop spec squeezed in tablet size so you cannot compare to things like an iPad.

The heat is from the charging circuit. The Surface range have faster charging than any other tablets but to do so produces extra heat.

sizzling

Distinguished
Sounds about normal. The battery life is actually seems good, remember the Pro is laptop spec squeezed in tablet size so you cannot compare to things like an iPad.

The heat is from the charging circuit. The Surface range have faster charging than any other tablets but to do so produces extra heat.

Solution