Surface Pro 3

Kiltak

Estimable
May 12, 2015
I was looking for a tablet with active stylus support, available nearby I had:
Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Vivotab Note 8

After testing the above models I didn't like the writing recognition of the sumsung and the form factor of the Asus was just too small for me (have a wacom bamboo with that size and I find it barely functional).

That's why I started looking at the Surface options but the much higher price is a problem.

I found a promo of a Surface Pro 3 i7/256/8 + type/cover for 999€, I can justify that price as an upgrade for my old Toshiba Satellite A300.
The question remains: is it really an upgrade? From reading about throttling and heating problems from some users I'm not so sure... what say you?

Appreciate any advice/comments you might have.

From the A300 to the Surface Pro 3 is a very big upgrade. If the Surface is a good product, looks like you already did some research to base things on that. Just don't go by a few sporadic reports, read some reviews.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
We've got about 30 people using surface pro 3's and they've been great. They use them in-office, out in the "field", at home, etc and there haven't really been any issues. The only downside is they've only got 1 USB port, but you can get a little docking station that the surface pro sits on which has a few more USB ports, LAN, etc